A Guide to the Highlighter Collection
Highlighter Dot Colors
Our clear sticker dots are perfect for color coding with your favorite Japanese highlighters.
If you'd like to shop the highlighters, I have them all linked here on my Amazon affiliates page. (I do receive a very small commission when you purchase anything from that list, at no extra cost to you.)
How to Use Highlighter Dots
There are so many ways to use these colorful dot stickers!
First, I'd suggest creating your own color code. I like to stick to five colors because 5 highlighters are easy to take on the go. Limiting myself to 5 colors also helps me simplify my planning. Below, I'll show you how I use just 5 colors for everything. But use as many colors as you need.
Here are a few ways I have used the dots:
- On my overall calendar to note work due dates, pay days, holidays, and sales/special events. I use a dot to mark the task, and then highlight over it in the coordinating color when it's completed.
- On my health inserts, to rate my energy, anxiety, and track my cycle.
- In my finance section, to highlight paydays for myself and my husband, and bill due dates.
- As a checkbox on my to do list, to color code tasks.
My color code
As I said, I use 5 colors and occasionally the gray highlighter (which I use just for general highlighting that doesn't mean anything). I track this on our color code key stickers.
Here's my system:
- Pink - Work (emails, orders, website stuff, projects, etc)
- Red - Work that is creative (art, designing, filming a youtube video, etc)
- Green - Money/Finance
- Aqua - Anything related to home (house, family, my husband, my dog)
- Purple - Health and Self Care
Why I Color Code
The biggest reason I color code is because it allows me to keep organized across multiple planners. I use a work planner and a personal planner so I like being able to see the same color system across both. It keeps my mind organized!
The second reason is it just makes sense to me as I'm a very visual person. I can easily see what I need to know when I look at my planner and it makes my eyes happy.
An interesting phenomenon I've noticed is that I have been literally living out my color code lately. I have found that if I am buying something that's work related, it is usually pink or coral as those colors relate to my business and it just makes sense to me.
I've also noticed that I own a lot of purple workout clothing and all of my Apple watch bands are purple... I've even added a purple streak to my hair so maybe that means I am focused more on health and self care lately? It feels that way to me!
Maybe these are just coincidences, but I really believe that color can affect your mood. What do you think?
I'd love to hear how you're using a color code, and any other ideas you may have. Leave your thoughts below!
Shop our highlighter dot collection here!